First week

My first week working in Portimão went by so quickly I almost didn’t realize to make a post about it!

I’ve started off easy, helping at breakfast every morning and then going to a restaurant upstairs. Currently I’m taking care of a group of football players from Norway and Iceland, so I haven’t spent my afternoons in the restaurant this week. My shifts have been mostly eight hours but some days I’m allowed to leave a bit earlier, which means I get to enjoy the sunlight a bit longer - the sun sets after 6 pm everyday! Feels like home, right? Later during my training period I’ll move to the front desk and housekeeping.

The weather is pretty interesting, mornings and evenings are super cold & moist but during the day it’s been around +20 celcius degrees the whole time. I’m looking forward to the hotter days! Not...

I’ve become pretty close with the other trainees who I live with. They all work in the kitchen but we’re all pretty much the same age so we get along well, regardless of language barrier - body language and google translator are the key!

I’ve been roaming around the town a few times. There’s a big mall Aqua ”nearby” (almost an hour on foot) that we’ve been visiting together a lot. On Saturday I also walked to the strand by myself and I discovered lots of lovely little streets and restaurants!


P.S. Here’s some photos to show it looks like here! I especially love all the animals living in our golf fields.









Kommentit

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

School chatter

Finally in Portugal

Portugal facts