Finally in Portugal

On Saturday evening I finally arrived in Portugal! I’ve had only two days of work so far but I can tell that it’s going to be an amazing journey! This far I’ve been helping in the restaurants of the hotel but I’m also going to be at the front desk and soing some housekeeping - needless to say that I’m very excited! 

My co-workers have been the loveliest, everyone takes such good care of me! I’ve had a few people keep and eye on me and guide me through all kinds of tasks so I haven’t had to feel abandoned or helpless at all. In general I think Portuguese people are much more upbeat and social. It’s a nice change from the usual!

I live in a dorm with other trainees who are mostly Portuguese. My roommates don’t speak such good English but we manage - we ude google translate and body language a lot! The dorm is very cold compared to Finnish homes but nothing is cozier than burying yourself in blankets and turning on a heater!

I’ve also tasted some Portuguese food, my favourite being Pastéis de Nata, a Portuguese cstard cake. I hope to discover even more Portuguese culture on the way! I will include some photos that I’ve taken to make you as jealous as possibble.







Kommentit

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

School chatter

Portugal facts